Happy New Year!
The new year is a great time to evaluate and refocus. It is a great time to look back at what has been working, what got a little muddied with good intentions, and clean up the waters a bit. I am doing just that on the 100 Smile Challenge blog.
Last year I started this blog to help us all create more smiles in our lives. I love spending time researching what makes people happy and sharing the information with you here in the form of Simple Smile Igniting Ideas that could bring more smiles into our lives and the lives of those we interact with.
Over the last few months I have experimented on the blog with some habit creation ideas. I generated some great information on habit creation, but found it has muddied the waters of this blog a bit. As the new year rolls in I have decided to refocus this blog back on what makes us happy in life and start a new blog for those interested in setting and getting their most inspired goals in 2012…Blueprint for Life Success 2012 Challenge.
Below you can read about the newly created blog and if you are a goal setting and getter or simply want to achieve a highly desired goal please check out the blog http://www.blueprintforlifesuccess.wordpress.com this week you will find my Set Inspiring Goals program there with .pdf worksheets to help us all make 2012 our most inspired year yet.
Before reading the below post…I can’t help but offer Today’s Simple Smile Igniter…are there areas of your life or perhaps your life message that has been muddied by good intentions or other things? As the new year rolls in take a few minutes to refocus and reconnect with your purpose, set a clear intention (or reconnect with your original intention), and take a step or two towards your inner most desires today.
Welcome to Blueprint for Life Success: Set Inspiring Goals – Bringing Your Innermost Desires to Life
You are taking a giant step into creating the life you most desire. Even if you use this blog to achieve just one goal, you will soon experience the ripple effect as you set and achieve other inspiring goals.
In preparation for the 2012 Blueprint for Life Success Challenge I am starting you off with a series of five blog posts, Set Inspiring Goals – Bringing Your Innermost Desires to Life.
Through this 5 part series you will discover:
- What Inspires You?
- Clarify Your Starting Point
- Visualize End Results
- Draft A Plan
- Identify the Required Character Traits and Skills Necessary to Achieve Your Goal
After these first five posts each month we will focus on an aspect of goal achievement and create success habits. Each series is designed to help you identify what works well for you and try on success strategies that have worked for others. At the end of each series you will have an opportunity to document your own Personal Success Strategies. Here is just a taste of what I have planned for this year’s challenge:
- Fast Forward Challenge: Life coaching is a field that can offer many useful tools for changing your life in a positive way. After all we all want more of something in our lives. And using a tool professional coaches use can help you get there. We dream of achieving many goals…SOMEDAY. What if there was a way to fast forward your life to that someday? Fast forward your life to SOMEDAY by applying these seven tips for getting your life on fast forward.
- Clear Your Path to Success: Between your most inspiring goal and your current situation are a few obstacles. As you travel from where you are now to the achievement of your most inspiring goal those obstacles are going to make themselves known to you. Some will stop you and require your attention. Some you will step over thinking they are not significant enough to focus your attention. Life coaches call many of these obstacles tolerations. In this blog post series I will share seven ways to clear these tolerations from your path to success and many other strategies to create the space you need to achieve your goals in 2012.
- Take Inspired Action – Turning Great Plans into Simple Actions: A life coach will motivate you to create great plans that will lead to the achievement of your most inspiring goals. However, somewhere on our paths to achievement we may find that we stall out. This series is a variety of tips to help us all turn those great plans into simple and continuous actions.
Most goals require some form of habit change. Quitting smoking, hitting the gym and staying organized are all based on routine habits. Making more money or buying a new car may also require improved work or money management habits. Instead of developing a strategy for changing habits, most people rely on willpower. Willpower and motivation can get you through the first week or two, but it won’t last forever. Each month we will focus on creating a new habit that supports the changes you most desire.
To get the most out of Blueprint for Life Success 2012 Challenge please implement a few of these tips:
- I encourage you to start a Blueprint for Life Success Notebook to keep all the documentation in. I will send you a few exercises to complete and you will be creating plans that you will want to refer back to. This notebook can be paper or electronic, but have all the information in one location so you can easily refer to it. A notebook also gets your commitment out of your head. Let’s face it a commitment inside your own head is not really a commitment at all. Writing your commitments will help to reinforce the promise you are making to yourself, it will clarify your thinking so you will know exactly what you want to change and create.
- Silence you inner critic. There’s a difference between knowing yourself and undermining yourself. Learn to ignore the nagging voice in your head that says you’re not good enough, smart enough, or good-looking enough to succeed. Set goals, make plans, and move forward in spite of that voice, and soon enough it will start losing its power over you. It might not ever go away completely, but you don’t have to let it run your life.
Before we get started create some space in your life. To start creating space, create some time. Achieving your goal may require more, but to start with create 20 minutes at least 5 days a week. This is time for you to create the life you want to be living, to obtain the thing you want to have, to become the person you want to be. You are worth at least 2 hours per week. Because creating and holding space is a challenge for many I have 12 space creating tips to share with you. December is a difficult time to create extra space, so we will revisit these tips at a later date. But if you read through them now and consider each one, your subconscious will start creating space for you as you prepare for a new year and a new or renewed focus.
If you are ready to live a happier and more fulfilled life, be sure to subscribe to this blog so you will not miss a post. I am looking forward to working with you as your coach right here on this blog or in the newly created Facebook Group Blueprint for Life Success.
About Jodi and the Blueprint for Life Success 2012 Challenge:
Make 2012 the year you intentionally move your life in the direction of your greatest desires. Join Jodi Rosenberg, Life Enrichment Strategist and Happy Blogger, for the 2012 Blueprint for Life Success Challenge at http://blueprintforlifesuccess.wordpress.com/about/. Throughout the year Jodi will be blogging her best strategies and tips while providing readers and blog commenters with life coaching support for making meaningful change and living a life of more fulfillment. Jodi’s theme for 2012 is Abundance for All, join her as she opens the doors to abundant achievement and takes you on a journey like no other.
Jodi Rosenberg is an action-oriented Life Enrichment Coach with tips and strategies to fast forward you to the life you desire.